(and your lovely wife, obviously)
HMSC JOHN PYM
Class: Class 4 Sheffield fast transport craft,
Ownership: Valdane Shipping Company and currently co-opted by the Government's [deleted by order of British Colonial Intelligence].
Crew faciltiies: It has a basic crew capacity of two and is equipped to carry two other staff in cabins.
Further crew facilities include communal living area with galley kitchen and fully-outfitted hamster cage with water dispenser and squeaky wheel (hamster not included).
Cargo: The hold takes up approximately 1/3 of craft size, and is large enough to be rigged to carry:
* a five-man exploration vehicle,
* 42 suspended animation capsules or
* up to twelve manned assault pods.
* The John Pym has been recently refitted for high-speed, straight-line haulage and delivery missions. It carries a non-standard Imperial Dynamics Mark 7 Supralux engine, along with twin thrusters for sublight manoeuvring.
* At maximum realspace velocity a Leighton-Wakazashi Velocipator plotting device adds and decreases mass relative to mass index to regulate Supralux speed: without this, faster than light capacity is severely impaired.
* At top realspace and FTL speeds, and in a straight line, the John Pym is almost the fastest ship in the quadrant.